Power Supply Circuit Designing in Proteus
This power supply circuit shows you, how to convert 220v AC into +5v DC. Below is the circuit diagram of power supply:
The following components are required for power supply:
- Transformer — (12-0-12) or (9-0-9):
Transformer is a device which is used to increase or decrease the voltage or current. There are two types of transformer’s
a. Step Up : Increase the Voltage
b. Step Down : Decrease the Voltage
- Rectifier : It is used for to convert AC into DC.
- Regulator (7805): Regulator is a device which is used to regulate the voltage. 78 represents the series of regulator and last 2 digits means (05) represents the output voltage. If we create 12 v then we can use 7812 regulator.
- Capacitor: It is used to store the low amount of charge, which helps to protect circuit from burning effect.
- Resistance (4.7 ohm)
- LED (Light Emitting Diode)
Now we learn how to design a power supply circuit in Proteus:
For more Interesting videos: